WHAT TO DO WHEN HIRING A COMMERCIAL ROOFING CONTRACTOR
COMMERCIAL ROOFING 101: ADVICE FOR FINDING BAY AREA ROOFING CONTRACTORS
A roof will usually have two or three major leaks in its lifespan. Normally, most people hold out on roof damage and leaks for as long as they can, or they just don’t know when to fix a leaking roof. At some point, things get out of hand, and they are often in a hurry to hire the first contractor they come across. Their initial intention, which was to save a few bucks, more often than not backfires on them.
In this post, we discuss the necessary steps you should take when hiring an Oakland roofing contractor for your commercial building.
1. Get recommendations
The internet has made it easy to locate a reputable contractor. You can search on such sites as Angie’s list, Google Business, Yelp, among others. Friends and family can also provide you with reputable references.
2. Interview the potential contractors
Once you have shortlisted a few reputable contractors, a quick phone interview could further help you narrow down the list. At this point, you need to establish whether they are licensed and insured. Some of the questions you should ask include:
- What are your company’s full name and address? This enables you to look them up to establish whether they have the necessary Bay Area roofing permits.
- Do you have any references? A good roofer should not only provide you with a portfolio of past jobs but should also provide you with past clients’ contacts. This will help you verify the quality of their work.
- How much experience do you have in handling similar projects? This will help you know whether they have the capacity in terms of equipment and manpower to handle your project.
- Do you offer warranties?
- What is the projected timeline?
3. Get views from previous customers
Call up the references provided by the contractor to find out whether they completed past projects on time and within the set budget. A professional roofing contractor should have social media pages where they interact with their clients. Rather than sticking to contractors’ references, refer to reviews from such pages as they are often more authentic.
4. Set up a face-to-face meeting
Once you have chosen three or four contractors, it’s time to have a face-to-face meeting. At this point, a competent San Francisco roofing company should provide you with a written estimate of the expected costs. Refrain from getting into a contract with a contractor that’s pressuring as they could be having ulterior motives.
5. Sign the contract
Once you feel at ease and all your questions have been answered, it is time to sign the contract. The contract should include the payment schedule, the scope of work, the length of time the project is expected to take, and other terms. Make sure you are comfortable with all the clauses. Installing or replacing your roof is something that you will experience at one point or the other.
CONTACT OUR BAY AREA ROOFING CONTRACTOR TODAY
With the above tips, you will be able to obtain value from your commercial roof repair project. Contact the professionals at Ben’s Roofing today!
Blog Source: Bens Roofing | STEPS TO TAKE WHEN HIRING A COMMERCIAL ROOFING CONTRACTOR