Finding the best TV shows for kids
Finding the best TV shows for kids can be tricky. There are so many options out there, and it can be hard to know which ones are appropriate for your child’s age and interests. But don’t worry – we’ve got you covered.
In this article, we’ll share how to pick the best TV shows for kids of all ages, from preschoolers to tweens. We’ll also give you some tips on how to choose the right shows for your family, and how to make sure your kids are watching responsibly.
So, without further ado, let’s get started.
How to Choose the Best TV Shows for Kids
There are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind when choosing TV shows for your kids. First, think about their age and maturity level. Some shows are more appropriate for older kids, while others are geared towards younger viewers.
It’s also important to consider your child’s interests. If they love animals, for example, they might enjoy a show like Paw Patrol or Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood. Or, if they’re into adventure and action, shows like Ninjago or Lego City Adventures could be a good fit.
Finally, make sure you pick a show that is appropriate for your family’s values. You’ll want to avoid anything that is too violent, sexual, or otherwise inappropriate for your kids.
With all of that in mind, let’s take a look at some of the best TV shows for kids of all ages.
Best TV Shows for Preschoolers (Ages 3-5)
If you’re looking for TV shows that are appropriate for preschoolers, you can’t go wrong with any of the following options:
– Sesame Street: This classic show has been entertaining and educating kids for over 50 years. It’s perfect for teaching little ones about numbers, letters, and other basic concepts.
– Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood: Based on the iconic Mr. Rogers’ Neighborhood, this show follows the adventures of 4-year-old Daniel Tiger and his friends. It’s a great way to teach kids about emotions and social skills.
– Paw Patrol: If your child loves animals, they’ll love this show about a group of heroic puppies who protect their town from danger.
Best TV Shows for Elementary School Kids (Ages 6-8)
As kids get a little older, they’ll be ready for more exciting and adventurous TV shows. If you’re looking for the best TV shows for elementary school kids, check out these options:
– Lego City Adventures: This show follows the adventures of a group of friends who live in a LEGO city. It’s perfect for kids who love to build and use their imaginations.
– Odd Squad: In this educational show, a group of kids use math and problem-solving skills to solve mysteries. It’s a great way to sneak some learning into your child’s day.
– Ninjago: If your child loves action and adventure, they’ll love this show about a group of ninja warriors who fight evil.
Best TV Shows for Tweens (Ages 9-12)
As kids enter their tween years, they’ll start to enjoy more sophisticated and mature TV shows. If you’re looking for the best TV shows for tweens, check out these options:
– Stranger Things: This popular Netflix show is perfect for older kids and teens. It’s a bit scary, but it’s also full of adventure, mystery, and suspense.
– The Crown: This historical drama follows the early years of Queen Elizabeth II’s reign. It’s a great choice for kids who are interested in history or royal family dramas.
– Sherlock: This modern update of the classic Sherlock Holmes stories is perfect for kids who love mysteries.
Tips for Watching TV Responsibly
Even the best TV shows can be harmful if your child watches too much of them. That’s why it’s important to set limits on how much TV your child can watch each day. The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends that children under the age of 2 should not watch any television, and that kids over the age of 2 should only watch 1-2 hours per day.
You should also make sure you’re monitoring what your child is watching. This means previewing shows yourself to make sure they are appropriate, and sitting down with your child to watch them together. This will help you ensure that they understand what they’re seeing and that they’re not being exposed to anything that is too mature for them.
Finally, it’s important to make sure your child is getting plenty of other activities in their day. This means making sure they’re getting enough exercise, spending time with family and friends, and participating in other activities like reading, arts and crafts, or playing outside.
By following these tips, you can help ensure that your child is watching TV responsibly and not letting it take over their life.
Wownow Entertainment is a great site to visit when you are looking for the best tv shows for kids. They have tons of great options that your kids will love. Plus, they have a great selection of movies too! Visit their site today and see what they have to offer. You won’t be disappointed!