A Guide for Commercial Metal Roofing Prices
Metal roofing is an incredibly durable roof product, known to last, on average, 40 years or more before it needs replacing (although ongoing maintenance is required and such quality comes at a cost, of course).
Metal Roof Pricing
For 2018, the average cost of a metal roof in the United States can range from about $4 per square foot (installed) all the way up to $13 per square foot. The economy of the area in which you live can, of course, play a part in the final price of your building.
Here is a breakdown of costs for an installed metal roof:
- Corrugated steel panels range between about $4 to $5.65 per square foot.
- Metal shingles run between about $7 and $9 per square foot.
- Stone-coated metal roof tile costs between about $8 and $9 per square foot.
- Standing seam metal roofing is between about $7 to $13 per square foot.
Again, these are final, installed prices—not just the costs for materials. In addition to the roofing materials, a contractor’s costs can include things like removal of the old roof, if needed; repairing the roof substrate; debris removal; ventilation; flashing; building permits; and more.
- Standing seam metal
- Corrugated galvanized steel
- Steel coated with a mixture of zinc, aluminum, and silicon
- Stainless steel
- Painted or stone-coated metal sheets
A Better Alternative to Replacement
Many building owners aren’t aware that an outstanding alternative to roof replacement exists, costing much less than roof replacement and greatly extending the life of an existing roof. This solution is called a roof coating, and older metal roofs can be good candidates as long as they are not rusted or corroded to the point that it isn’t safe to walk on them.
There are many incredible benefits to a roof coating system, including but not limited to:
- Fully restores an existing roof to like-new condition
- Addresses all leaks and other problems
- Can add decades to the life of your old roof
- Significantly less expensive and labor-intensive than roof replacement
- No expensive roof tear-off and landfill fees
- ENERGY STAR® certified roofing solution
- Fully waterproof solution
- Requires less maintenance and upkeep
- Can be re-coated later for even greater roof life extension
- Totally seals your roof from the elements
- Non-prorated warranties covering total labor and material costs
- Rated to withstand some of Mother Nature’s worst—even hurricane-force winds!
- Can lower your roof temperature by as much as 80 degrees
- Helps cut down on utility costs, possibly paying for itself within 5-7 years in terms of energy savings
If roof coating sounds like an incredible solution, that’s because it is!
Finding a Reliable Roofer
Need a Local Expert?
Our group works together to provide:
- Larger Base of Knowledge
- Group-Wide Accountability
- Set Standards for Service
- More Peace of Mind
Among the members of the Choice Roof Contractor Group, a trusted nationwide professional roofers’ association, commercial building owners can find verified roofing contractors serving their area. Members are carefully screened, must be fully insured and licensed and have an exemplary track record, and they are held to group standards of excellence, so you can rest easy that the contractor you hire is held accountable.
In addition, CRCG members are among the only roofers in the United States to offer a “Lifetime Service Guarantee” on the work they perform. What this means is even greater peace of mind, because a Choice Roof Contractor Group member will always be available to service your roof—even if the original roofer who initially performed the work is no longer available. This is, indeed, a rare and amazing guarantee within the roofing industry.
To find a trusted roofing contractor in your area, call the Choice Roof Contractor Group today at (800) 670-5583, or visit the contact page of our website.
Blog Source: Choice Roof Contractors Group | Commercial Metal Roofing Prices